The Montreal Artists Legal Clinic (CJAM) has been offering free, accessible legal information services to artists and arts organizations on the island of Montreal for nearly nine years. Staffed by volunteers – both lawyers and not – the organization has helped hundreds of Montreal artists build their careers, arming them with the knowledge they need to understand their legal rights and responsibilities.
To move the Clinic into the next stage in its development, CJAM is searching for an Executive Director to liaise with the organization’s board, pursue funding opportunities and develop and improve both the clinic’s legal service offerings and its ancillary efforts (including communications and artist outreach). The position will be volunteer to start, but, with a successful funding effort, the Executive Director will be in a position to fund his/her own position on the long-term. The ideal candidate is a bilingual member of the Barreau du Quebec with experience in non-profit management and a deep and abiding love of the arts.
- Member of the Barreau du Québec
- Availability of 15 hours per week
- Be flexible, available and dedicated
- Ease in collaborating with a large team of volunteers remotely
- General knowledge of intellectual property law and commercial law an asset
- Good knowledge of Montreal’s arts community an asset
- Share our passion for volunteer work and our commitment to increase access to free legal information to the artists of Montreal
Interested candidates are encouraged to contact email@example.com